Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Store Coupon Stacking at Meijer

You know those Catalina's you get from Meijer that say "$5 off your next order of $25" or "$3 off your next order of $15"? Did you know you can stack them? Today I had an order that totalled about $31. I had the following coupons:

$2 off $30 or more
$5 off $25 or more
$3 off $15 or more

I was able to use them ALL on the same order!

Have them scan the $2 off $30 or more first - you're still over $25, so then they can scan the $5 off $25 or more, and finally the $3 off $15 or more is scanned. You've saved $10 and used all 3 coupons in one transaction!

Another tip for using coupons at Meijer: If you have multiple Catalina's - don't use the self-check lanes. They have to approve each one at the self-check which ultimately slows you down and some of the cashiers tend to scrutinize. At the regular lanes, I sailed right through today with 3 separate back to back transactions. Each was over $25 and I had multiple $2 Catalina's so that I paid out of pocket less than $1 for each order. On the third order, I didn't have a $5 off $25 and the cashier scanned one for me! How cool is that? My cashier said she wanted to come shopping with me!

No comments: