Friday, November 14, 2008

Time to stock up on chocolate chips

Tollhouse chocolate chips are on sale through tomorrow at Jewel for $1.67 a bag. These are the only kind I use in my chocolate chip cookies. Use the $1/2 blinkie coupon also at Jewel, buy in multiples of 2 (2, 4, 6,..., 68) and pay only $1.17 a bag! Limit 6 per transaction. I've been told that means 6 of each kind (semi-sweet, minis, chunk, butterscotch) I haven't actually tried that yet. I just stick to the multiple transaction style of getting what I want, but if you're adventurous, go for it!

3 comments:

Sashafras said...

What's a blinkie?
-Sasha

ilikehearts said...

A blinkie is a coupon that you get out of the black Smart Source red blinking light boxes on the shelves at the store. Hence, the name blinkie. Theses are the ones that I used to tell my kids not to take. Now I tell them "get as many as you can!" They are usually pretty high in value as coupons go.

ilikehearts said...

A blinkie is a coupon that you get out of the black Smart Source red blinking light boxes on the shelves at the store. Hence, the name blinkie. Theses are the ones that I used to tell my kids not to take. Now I tell them "get as many as you can!" They are usually pretty high in value as coupons go.